P's in the Pod of Power
I preached a message on a Sunday evening several months ago entitled, "P's in the Pod of Power." It's not a new message. In fact, it's one of my oldest messages that I revisit in my preaching. I prepared this for a missions conference at Pillsbury Christian College back when we were on deputation. It was to be for a workshop during that conference. Unfortunately, Pillsbury closed before we were able to have that ministry opportunity. However, the truths God worked in my heart about for that workshop are still truths of which I need to be reminded.
I do not normally record our Sunday evening service. However, I felt like God would have me record this. I recorded it about 5 months ago and God has also helped me not to delete this off of my phone until I've finally uploaded it. :) So, I hope this will be a blessing, encouragement, and help to someone who takes the time to consider these truths. I can't imagine it not being helpful to anyone who hears it because these are precious truths from God's Word.
Please find the handout notes below.
P.'s in the Pod of Power
God has put within our means as believers the resources for increasing our power.
I. How __________________ affects your power.
A. God is the P________________ of power. Ac 1:8, 1Co 2:4, 1Th 1:5 B. God gives the p____________________ of power.
1. The disciples were commanded to ______________ for this power.
Lu 24:49, John 14:26a
2. Jesus humbly lived in _____________________ upon God's power.
Ac 10:38, Lu 4:1
Points to note:
1.) ____________ are full but some are not. Ac 6:3
2.) Paul _____________________ us to be filled. Eph 5:18
3.) Christians ought to ______________________ to be filled. Joh 7:38-3
II. How ___________________ affect His power. A. Your prayer affects His power. Isa 45:11
1. Prayer accesses ____________________________. Jas 1:5 2. Prayer accesses God's _______________________________.
a. A _____________________________ Jesus gave. Lu 11:13
b. A promise the disciples _____________________. Acts 4:31 3. Prayer accesses the ______________________________. Mt
B. Your purity affects His power. II Timothy 2:19b-22
exp. Without purity you have ....
1. An unbelievable _____________________________. Lot - Ge 19:14 2. An unprofitable __________________________. Lu 6:41-42
3. An unanswered _________________________. Ps 66:18, Isa 59:2
4. An impassable __________________________. John 7: 38-39 C. Your priorities affect His power.
1. Priority of the ______________________ of God. Heb 12:1 2. Priority of the ______________________ of God. Ps 119:9 3. Priority of God. Mt 6:24
D. Your p__________________ affects His power.1Ti 3:6, Ro 12:3 , Jas 4:6
E. Your p___________________ affect His power. Eph. 3:19
Robert Moffat, ".... When I look at the Man of Sorrows, His toilsome days and midnight prayers, and the burning zeal of the first ministers of the gospel, I feel as if I had not the same mind or spirit."
Conclusion: How are you affecting His power?
1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Th 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.